Thursday, April 28, 2011

"The Mortal Immortal"

When I first read "The Mortal Immortal" I did not want the short story to end. I really enjoyed it because the theme is very eye opening. I believe everyone has thought about being able to live forever and not have to worry about death. In the short novel Marry Shelly showed her audience that it would not be so appealing to live forever. She showed that it can be a curse instead of a blessing. Your loved ones will soon pass away and leave you living a lonely life. This novel showed that to live forever would mean to be able to cope with the loss of loved ones, which in a away the immortal is experiencing death. They may feel like they have lost a part of their life through their loved one's death, leaving the idea of being immortal a curse.

It made me realize how hard it would be to live life if I was immortal. I don't think I would be able to handle seeing all my family and friends pass away. I did not view the possibility of being immortal as a curse until I read this short novel. I always though that avoiding death and living young would be a dream (if it was possible)!

No comments:

Post a Comment