Monday, April 25, 2011

On top of the food chain

In the sea anything can happen and any fish is on the menu for other fish, if a whale is injured everyone gets a bite and that carcass, vertebrae, skull will then be washed up on a beach, no fish is spared from being eaten. From plankton to a whale everyone is on the menu. I have never scuba dived, but I use to surf. Being older and wiser I will not go in the ocean any more, simply because then I'm on the low end of the food chain. I would not walk on a feeding path in Africa either I am uncomfortable being put on the food chain.
In the Relic it is not so complicated to understand, he finds a jawbone on the shore, at the sea's edge and then he thinks that the sea is a rough place to live, these jaws use to eat and now here is that jawbone. A jawbone that was not smiling when it was being eaten. In the ocean its kill or be killed although the life cycle is barbaric, we all need to eat to survive. Humans just go to the store. We know how it got there in the cooler but we just do not think of the entire process, how meat got to this store. At least I don't.
Oceans are deep, cold and dark, no one is friends when it comes to being eaten. The sea eats its tail and then spits out the junk that washes up on it's edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment