Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In this partnership all men have equal rights, but not to equal things.

I have to agree with the person who posted before me who said this was not an easy read for them, but I'm going to try my best to post something that doesn't sound completely crazy. So in Burke's essay Reflections on the Revolution in France one line really stood out to me that talked about men and their rights (hence my title). In this partnership all men have equal rights, but not to equal things; this is still so very true in today's society. Just because today we are supposed to have "equal" rights and opportunities doesn't necessarily mean it's true. We've all experienced this, and I'm sure throughout the rest of our live's we will continue to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment