Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Different View

Death is something that we all think about, it seems to be a mystery. I will sometimes think about what will happen to everything after I die. I will not make any difference. The streets I used to drive on will remain; the places I visited will still be there and another person will drive on the same road as I did and go to the same places as I did, but I would never go through those experiences again. Thinking about death is a bit depressing sometimes. I think that John Keats poems brings that feeling out in the reader and makes them ponder about the idea of death.
In John Keats poem "When I have fears that I cease to be",the speaker thinks about death and mentions that he will never be able to see the stars, and feel creatures, and also that he will never feel love again. and that all his experiences will become meaningless after his death. They will "sink" to nothing, and that is something that he fears. I think he wants to try and make an impact on people so that he can be remembered by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment