Thursday, February 24, 2011

elizabeth barrett browning, in my opinion, is the first poet that has really and truly captured and written about true and enduring love. her poems captivate its readersand give faith and belief that there is love out there, and someday they can feel this way about another person. even with her father forbidding her to marry, her love was strong enough to disobey and do what she desired. and to me, that is something powerful.

in sonnet forty three barrett browning says,"in my old griefs, and with my childhoods faith. i love thee with a love i seemed to lose..". to me she is saying that she grew up as a child without being shown love from her father, and he even calls her an "invalid" in his home. and even though she lost that love growing up, she wants to love him with a love shes never shown anyone and with a childhood faith, and by that meaning trusting as a child would be, forgiving, and to love no matter what

No comments:

Post a Comment