Tuesday, February 15, 2011

John Keats Prompt

For Thursday, please read the selections from Keats listed on the assignment schedule. I would also like for you to read "La Belle Dame sans Merci" (899) even though it is not on the schedule. (I'm letting you out of Byron, so it's only fair!) I believe Dr. Johnson is going to talk about that poem, so I would like for you to have read it.

Because I won't be in class on Thursday, I am not going to give you a specific prompt or list of prompts to respond to. I want to leave it open this time. Please write something insightful about one of the poems or several of them. You might relate Keats's work to what we have read so far, or you might apply the lines to your own experience, or you might go another way entirely. It's up to you. I only have one request: please write something interesting and thoughtful. :)

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment